Friday 8 February 2013

My Istanbul Winter Trip: Miniaturk

The next destination while I was in Istanbul was Miniaturk Park. I love miniature. Wherever I go, if there's a chance to go to miniature park, i won't miss it for the world! Tp ada cerita sadis behind my trip to the park. As usual, in the morning, we will watch the weather news at our room to check the weather for that day. Everyday, it was forecasted to be rained and stormy in Istanbul. However, forecast2 tu semua x betul. Istanbul was sunny and nice for the past 4 days...So, hari ni pon announce akan hujan dan berangin tp kami x caya...coz hari2 pon diuar2kan akan hujan, tp x pon....he..he... so, i went out with my oz sweater yg x baper tahan sejuk tu..All this while if the weather was about 8-10, wearing that sweater was just fine.

Beginilah keadaannya pada waktu pg masa kami nak tinggalkan hotel..Mcm ok ja kan?
Rupa2nya, panas x sampai ke petang hari tu... it rained heavily on our way to Miniaturk and also when we were there. Since I was already there, so might as well just enter the park. Kami pon masuk. The entrance fee was 10TL. Oh ya, how to get to Miniaturk: You can catch Bus 47, 47Ç or 47E from Eminonu to Miniaturk. Miniaturk is located at the inner shores of Golden Horn, across Pierre Loti and Eyüp District. The bus cost 1.75TL (with Istanbulkad). You can even catch a taxi to go there, it will cost u 10TL per trip. Perjalanan naik bas dlm 20 minit mcm tu la... In the bus, there will be an indicator telling u where to stop. So, bila sampai stop Miniaturk, kita turun. Visiting hours: 9am to 5pm.

View from inside the bus on the way to Miniaturk
Dah sampai Miniaturk (view from the bus stop)
This is how the place looks like when the day is so fine...
Courtesy of http://www.miniaturk.com.tr/en/category.php?id=3
However...

When I was there...:(

Adala sorang dua umat tp bila hujan turun agak lebat, mereka pon dah hilang entah ke mana. The weather at that time was already about 3 degree celcius or even lower and i just wore my OZ sweater. Yg paling x tahan, tangan kita yg sejuk...(it seemed that i didn't bring any gloves either, mcm kebal sangat). My hubby cannot stand the cold, so he went inside the restaurant and ordered hot turkish tea. Meanwhile, this rock-headed lady, didn't care. Alang2 menyelok pekasam, biar sampai ke pangkal lengan.. Kita redah! My husband did say.."while i was happily drinking my tea, i saw one crazy lady taking photos in the rain..who could that be?" Huh...kureengg betul...! He told me he would come out and help me captured photos once he was done with the tea, sampai ke sudah, die x keluar2 dr restoran tu. Dalam kesejukan yg teramat itu, here are some photos taken at Miniaturk.



This is a scanner. U just scan yr ticket to this machine and it will tell u info about the building. Each building
has a scanner. So, u will know the history n info of the buildings/places.

Ni apa ntah..Thermal bath kot...
Ataturk Olympiad Stadium

X dapat naik belon panas kat Capadocia, nengok replika pon jadikla...

Ataturk Havalimani

Bosphorus Bridge
Some other miniature buildings.
Kecikkan?
Inilah die wanita yg gigih mengambil gambar w/pon dah kesejukan..
ha..ha.. Dua2 gambar ni pakai self-timer ya, coz partner i dah
berpaling tadah way too soon. 

At last i just could not bear with the weather anymore. I didn't manage to tour the whole area. I went inside the restaurant where my husband was happily waiting for me...Sedapnya duduk dalam resto ni...No wonder la die x nak keluar2...By the time I went inside the resto, i was soaking wet and felt so cold until i couldn't even feel my own hands. Everything was numb and stiff. I tried to pinch myself, memang x rasa apa2. My face was so pale as if i had just lost pines of blood, rasa mcm vampire plak...he..he.. "Org degil, memang mcm tu.." my hubby scolded me. I kept quiet, x boleh nak balas apa2, sejuk bedi....Rasa nak menangis pon ada...ha..ha..

After a while, we went to the souvenir store at Miniaturk. Best jugak kedai ni..Barang2 souvenir sama mcm kat Grand Bazaar, in fact much much cheaper. Rasa menyesal beli kat Grand Bazaar. I bought a few things there including these biscuits (refer to the photo below). Sedap betol biskut ni..I bought a box, makan kat bus stop while waiting for the bus to get back to Istanbul. Makan punya makan, rasa sedap sgtla pulak.. Mula teringat nak belik for mak, tok, nek sumer...So, dlm sejuk2 dan drizzling tu, I ran inside the shop to buy 5 more boxes... my husband said.."x payahlah, hujan..kang bas tinggal." I still ran inside and managed to get back to the bus stop before the bus came. Jaoh jugak bus stop dngn kedai tu sebenarnya...

Sedap tol biskut nih....


Sampai Eminonu, we were so hungry and cold...bought some food and ate like we never eat rice before. Lepas makan nasik, makan kebab plak. Lepas makan kebab, belik kueh chek mek ni (refer to the photo below). Rasa die mcm kueh che' mek molek. Manis...! Sedap...

Turkish tea..Turkish Tea...1 lira.

Ni dia...kueh che' mek turki..he..he... nyum..nyum...
~To be cont~

~Miniaturk, Dec 4th, 2012 ~

15 comments:

  1. hi,
    betul cakap awak tu.. kat miniaturk, souvenir dia memang murah!!!! dapat beli fridgemagnet & keychain 1TL jer. paling murah saya rasa antara kesemua tempat di istanbul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. itulah tu...x sangka kat kedai mcm tu plak yg lebih murahnyer...

      Delete
  2. ala..cakaplah dengan hubby, bukan selau dapat peluang datang sini, alang-alang menyeluk pekasam kan, hehe...rugi woo kalau tak keluar tengok miniature semua tu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he..he..selok2 pon x sampai hujung lengan...dah x tahan sangat sejuk..rasanya ada lagik suku kawasan tu x dpt p...kang frostbite plak kang..ha..ha...(melampau!)

      Delete
  3. Salam beb.. ur blog sy ternampak dalam senarai nomination di sini.. http://mitbca.com/category.php?ppage=2&id=7 hehehe..

    tahniah! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha..ha..ya ka? thanxs Jard for informing me...i have no idea about this until i read yr comment...

      Delete
  4. i pon camtu.. redah je hujan bagai sbb bukan senang nak sampai... hubby2 sekarang ni kurang waterproof ke.. my brother pon gitu..

    tqs for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha..ha..bukan x waterproof..mika x kuasa...cuba tengok bola ke hape yg memang minat...takpa pulak...:)

      Thanxs 4 reading..:)

      Delete
  5. Farikica..
    I kagum ngan semangat you meredah hujan!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha..ha... I pon kagum gak...dlm hati.."x sangka aku jadik mcm ni..."

      Delete
  6. Sis, from Miniaturk back to Eminonu tu take the same bus time pegi tu ke?

    ReplyDelete

OVERNIGHT AT THE BERBER DESERT CAMP

Selepas lunch, kami teruskan lagi perjalanan yang panjang sampai lah petang.  Look at the view.. Magnificent!  We crossed the High Atlas Mou...

You may also like to read these...